These are the 50 best restaurants in the world and 6 are in the U.S.
The best restaurant in the world has only 12 tables.
Osteria Francescana, a three-Michelin-starred restaurant in Modena, Italy — with tasting menu dishes that range from “The crunchy part of the lasagna” to suckling pig — tops The World’s 50 Best Restaurants list for 2018. (It also won in 2016.)
The new ranking, released Tuesday, includes restaurants from 23 countries around the world.
Of the 50 best eateries, six are in the United States — Eleven Madison Park (no. 4), Cosme (no. 25) and Le Bernardin (No. 26) in Manhattan, New York; Blue Hill at Stone Barns (no. 12) in Pocantico Hills, New York; Alinea (no. 34) in Chicago, Illinois; and Saison (no. 46) in San Francisco, California. Seven are in Spain and five are in France.
The list is compiled by tallying the votes of 1,000 international restaurant industry experts and “well-traveled gourmets,” according to a statement.
Here is the full list:
1. Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy
2. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
3. Mirazur, Menton, France
4. Eleven Madison Park, Manhattan, New York
5. Gaggan, Bangkok, Thailand
6. Central, Lima, Peru
7. Maido, Lima, Peru
8. Arpege, Paris, France
29. Alléno Paris at Pavillon Ledoyen, Paris, France
30. D.O.M., São Paulo, Brazil
31. Arzak, San Sebastian, Spain
32. Tickets, Barcelona, Spain
33. The Clove Club, London, England
34. Alinea, Chicago, Illinois
35. Maaemo, Oslo, Norway
36. Reale, Castel Di Sangro, Italy
37. Restaurant Tim Raue, Berlin, Germany
38. Lyle’s (London)
39. Astrid y Gastón, Lima, Peru