Responsible for responding to high volume inquiries from customers, physician offices, patients or third party providers about the company’s products or services following standard SOPs and procedures, working under direct supervision. Ensures all contacts receive efficient and courteous service. Duties may vary based on assigned department.
- Resolves routine, general questions and problems submitted by customers, physician offices, patients and third party vendors via different sources with limited variety following established guidelines and standard SOPs and procedures. Utilizes all available information to choose the best solution and resolve customer concerns. Directs complex questions and problems to more senior staff level.
- Uses a computer application to log and track inquiries, as well as, to check the status of items that require follow-up or involvement of other parties. Documents contact interactions, records details, complaints, comments and actions taken.
- Coordinates with other functional areas as necessary. Refers unresolved escalated issues as designated by the departments for further investigation.
- Contacts customers, physician’s office, patient or third party vendor to respond to inquiries or to notify them of investigation results and planned adjustments.
- Handles inquiries for one or more lines of business.
Walgreens, one of the nation’s largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 25 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents).
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents and/or access information on-line).
- Basic Search Engines skills to include opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location, using a search engine, bookmarking a site, navigating using back/forward/stop buttons, and filling out forms online.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- At least 1 year of customer service experience in centralized services or call center environment.
- Experience in Retail or healthcare.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Intermediate level keyboarding skills (at least 35 WPM, touch typing, formatting documents).
- Apply now