Daylesford Macedon Tourism Ltd. is a highly influential and enterprising not-for-profit organization established to act as the peak body responsible for industry and local government engagement and participation in tourism in their region.
As CEO reporting to the Chairman, you will be responsible for leading the organization in achieving the goals set in its current strategic plan. Essentially, these goals are to:
- Lead a cohesive and informed regional tourism industry; build industry participation through integrated cooperative marketing
- Facilitate industry development and growth and develop an outstanding, innovative organization.
- Facilitate and develop a new strategic plan; uphold and champion the organization’s values;
- Lead a small and productive team; and, ensure the business achieves agreed budgets and complies with relevant stakeholder expectations
- Lead the delivery of a new Wellness Festival Live.Love.Life.
With senior executive experience, you are well connected and respected in the regional visitor/tourism sector, or similar. Politically savvy, you are seen as a leader able to generate respect with staff and key stakeholders.
Commercially astute, you are skilled at managing organizational budgets and achieving financial goals, as well as having an aptitude for sales and marketing.
Your proven capacity to conceptualize, communicate and facilitate new ideas in a complex stakeholder environment is supported by an ability to leverage partnerships between business, community, and government.
Formal qualifications in business will be highly regarded as will having empathy for the principles that underpin a not-for-profit organization.
This is an exceptional opportunity to lead this vital tourism marketing organization dedicated to the growth of tourism in the region. This is a contract position of up to three years, assigned with a competitive package.
For a copy of the Position Description please email email@example.com