World Class People, Assets and Practices
OneFortyOne Plantations is well recognized as a premier forest grower in Australia. A progressive company, we combine transformative leadership with deep forestry expertise to build on the success of the oldest softwood plantation resource in Australia and the largest in the Green Triangle Region. You can learn more about OneFortyOne Plantations, by visiting onefortyone.com.
We are committed to being world class. Reporting to the Estate Manager, the Forest Research Manager will be responsible for translating research into outcomes which will drive the continual improvement of forestry management practices.
You will be actively involved in the industry-wide collaboration, creating a strategic alliance with the newly established Forestry Research Hub in Mount Gambier, to leverage outcomes and develop value-adding opportunities.
- Developing the strategic direction and provide the day-to-day management of agreed scientific research programs
- Providing authoritative and strategic advice on complex, emerging or sensitive issues relating to research and forest health.
- Fostering collaboration with existing and deliver new relationships with key stakeholders
- Developing technical and practical guidelines for research programs while encouraging an innovative approach
Experience and requirements
To be successful in this role, the candidate must have an appropriate degree with 10+ years demonstrated experience in:
- Developing scientific research programs with clear measurable objectives
- Providing strategic analysis and advice
- Stakeholder management
We understand that our people are the cornerstone to our success. OFO is passionate about being a great place to work and have industry leading training and staff development programs, good work life balance and competitive remuneration.
The role is based in Mt Gambier, the second largest city in South Australia, located halfway between Melbourne and Adelaide near the Victorian border and in the heart of the Limestone Coast. Offering all the major services and facilities that are provided in a capital city, but with the major plus of a relaxed and friendly community lifestyle.
A position description can be obtained and applications forwarded to Melissa Ryan via firstname.lastname@example.org including your resume and a brief letter outlining experience and qualifications as they relate to the position.